Custom Snore Guard Home-Care Instructions
You’ve made a worthy investment in your overall health by acquiring a custom-made snore guard. We want you to care for it properly so that your snore guard can continue to help you get a peaceful night’s sleep for many years to come!
Your oral health routine should include cleaning your snore guard every day.
- Rinse immediately after wearing. Each time you wear your snore guard you should rinse it with warm water as soon as you remove it from your mouth. This will remove debris and loosen any plaque on it.
- Brush your snore guard with your toothbrush. After rinsing, give your snore guard a light brushing with your normal toothbrush, which should have soft or very-soft bristles.
- Clean with liquid dish detergent. Toothpaste is too abrasive and can damage the material, causing your snore guard to wear out more quickly than it should. Use a liquid dish detergent with lukewarm water instead.
- Lay your snore guard on a clean surface and allow it to dry completely. It’s important to allow your snore guard to dry completely before storing to prevent rapid bacterial growth. Lay it on a clean dry washcloth on a flat surface, out of reach of pets, to allow your snore guard to dry, which should take less than 30 minutes.
- Always store your snore guard in its case. When not wearing your snore guard, it’s important to keep it stored in its case to keep from losing it.
Additional Care Tips
- Never soak your snore guard in mouthwash, denture cleaner, or alcohol, all of which can destroy the material.
- Never place your snore guard in hot or boiling water or expose it to excessive heat (such as direct sunlight); doing so can distort the appliance and completely ruin it.
- Discomfort: If your snore guard loosens or becomes tight or causes you any discomfort, please call our office. Also, if you need replacements for the sliding links, we can provide those for you.